Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Useless

September 2, 2010
Well, last night after school, 2 of our co-teachers were kind enough to take me to the doctor. Yuri (my 4th grade co-teacher) heard me coughing yesterday in class (extremely embarrassing) and after classes and said that I should definitely go to the doctor. I didn’t know of any doctors near where I live so the 5th grade co-teacher that teaches with Michael said she could drive me and Yuri to the doctor. When we got there, Yuri was talking to the women at the front desk and told them that we were English teachers at Haknam Elementary and that I needed some help for my throat. Well apparently the doctor was there too and we made a good impression so he said he would help me for a discount! Wahoo! He took me in his office to figure out what was going on with my throat and he listened to me breathe deep breaths with his stethoscope. He said that the upper respiratory infection sounded as if it was spreading to my lungs because he heard some wheezing as I breathed. Just perfect. The first week I start teaching I get the kind of sickness that prevents me from actually being able to teach.  How ridiculous is that? So they gave me a shot in my bum (this is the third shot in my bum that I’ve had…my ass is going to fall off) and they gave me 5 pills to take 3 times a day.

I was so tired when I got home that I took a shower and then went to sleep. I woke up at 10:00pm so that I could eat something and take my first round of pills then went right back to sleep. Since they gave me the shot my throat was a little more relaxed so that I was able to get a pretty good nights sleep. Finally!

Yuri said that I should save my voice and try to get better so I shouldn’t come to class today or tomorrow. So…I’m sitting in the office doing absolutely nothing. Michael is with me to keep me company because the 6th grade teacher is out with a family emergency and the new 5th grade teacher spends the most of the class going over her rules and such. I feel completely useless and I feel really terrible that I can’t actually be in the class. I kept telling Yuri that I was so sorry but she was so sweet and said that I just need to worry about getting better. Hopefully by next week I will be up and ready to teach and this sickness will be gone! Dear sickness, thank you for the visit but I think you have overstayed your welcome. Please leave in a timely fashion. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment