Sunday, September 19, 2010

My heart and Seoul

September 20, 2010

So, today I’m desk warming…the students are here and have classes but the English teachers don’t teach today so we’re all just sitting in the office doing our own thing. My co-teacher is watching TV on her computer…we have to be here until 4:40PM…we all got here at 8:40AM. Awesome. Starting tomorrow we are all on vacation for Chuseok (the Korean Thanksgiving). Michael and I decided to bring presents to the school for our co-teachers and the principle/vice principals. Our principals cracked a smile when we brought in our presents and seemed pretty impressed that we got them gifts. Our co-teachers were pleasantly surprised and expressed that we are the first co-teachers to buy/give them any type of presents! So that definitely made us feel pretty darn awesome and we were so happy that they liked them. We ended up getting our women co-teachers this lotion set; each co-teacher got a different scent. The male co-teacher got alcoholic beverages in a gift set…we figured out early on that he likes to drink! J They were very thankful and they felt so bad that they didn’t get us anything but we told ‘no worries!’ we did not expect or even want you to give us anything! I told them that it was not only a gift for Chuseok but also as a “thank you” for everything they have done for us since we arrived. I mean from helping us get a phone and internet all the way to taking me to the doctor several times to cure me of that horrible illness…they deserved some sort of gift!

Because it’s Chuseok we have from tomorrow to Sunday off soooo…I’m totally going to Seoul with my friend Gemma; wahoo! I’m extremely excited and cannot wait to shop! (I am, however, very broke because our first paycheck since we arrived in Korea will not be in my account until the 25th L that’s no good.) Who cares? I’m going to Seoul and I refuse to let my lack of funds take away from this! I just simply refuse! I will bargain my way through this week and I’ll be damn good at it! I will definitely take pictures of our adventures and our site seeing! Dear Seoul, I am very sorry I do not have the proper amount of money to spend on you, however, I do plan to see a lot of you during these next few days so please welcome me with open arms. Thank you. Love always, Nancy.

1 comment: