Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bad News

Oh goodness. Ok, so I just found out that the reason why my co-teacher (Simon, the one that hooked up our internet in HIS name and did like EVERYTHING he could to help us get settled in) has not been in school. I was messaging him on skype and he said his father is sick and has Alzheimer's. I felt so terrible! I wasn't prepared for that. He said his father is a couple of hours away in an emergency hospital. I'm not entirely sure how long he will be out of school but goodness gracious, I didn't know what to say! I just told him not to worry about me or Michael and that he should just focus on his family. He kept saying that he wishes he could make me and Michael happy and to take care of us but that his family is having problems now. I was just like no, no, no! Please don't worry about us, you've been wonderful and helped us with everything we needed! He's incredibly caring and very, very nice. I just feel horrible that his family is going through this. I'm thinking maybe I can buy a card and have the English teachers (maybe even the principle and vice principles) sign it then send it to his house. Just saying that we're thinking about him and that we miss him. Man, oh man, just sad times for him...and his family.  

1 comment:

  1. You're so thoughtful, Nance. So sad.

    Hope your ass hasn't fallen off. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete