Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fourth Grade

September 1, 2010
First day of the month! It’s as hot as ever here…it’s really just the humidity that gets you. My classes don’t have air conditioning; well, if you can call 5 regular fans attached to the ceiling blowing hot air around in circles air conditioning then that’s what they have. By the time 12:30pm comes around, I’ve finished my classes but I’m exhausted because I’ve been so hot and sweaty in my classes! That’s no good.

Today I taught 2 third grade classes and 2 fourth grade classes. The third grade classes went smoothly because I’ve had some practice now but the fourth grade classes were a little different today. I created a PPT about myself with just like 4 slides about me, my hobbies, my home, and my family. I haven’t really taught with the fourth grade teacher Yuri so it was a little rough. We haven’t really worked out each other’s teaching style yet so that may take some time. I didn’t get to teach very much which was kind of disappointing but I’m hoping that today in the lesson planning I can maybe ask her about more teaching time with the kids. It was rough because the lesson/section I thought I was going to be teaching…well I didn’t get to because her classes are little behind and she teaches at a slower pace. When I was in the front of the class I would ask them to repeat what they heard but in the middle of me asking the question she would play the clip again so it confused the students. It’s all about learning the other co-teacher right? So I imagine it will take us a little time to get to know each other inside the classroom and out. Other than that, it was a successful day and I am about to go eat lunch with the other English teachers (lunch is totally free for us everyday woot woot).

No comments:

Post a Comment