Friday, September 10, 2010

I can have yo digits??

September 3, 2010
Well, nothing too exciting today. I’m STILL sick, can you believe it?! I had to walk out of the classroom several times today so that I could cough up nasty stuff. Gross! I need a new body…do you know where I can get one that will not fail me? One of my kids (he’s one of the class clowns) asked me for my phone number today! Haha, he first asked me in Korean and I asked my co-teacher to translate because I thought he had a serious question. Yuri just gave him a look like “you better stop that.” Then he asked me in English and said “phone number?” while holding up a pen and a paper pad. I was like oh goodness gracious and said “no, sir” shaking my head. I wanted to tell him I was too old for him but I don’t think he would’ve understood what I was saying.

Today at lunch we had chop chae (clear noodles with veggies), some kind of warm soup, rice, and lotus root? Yeah, I was like huh? Lotus root? Well, I tried it and it was actually not that bad. It was kind of crunchy but soft at the same time…hard to explain and was shaped like a thick round slice of Swiss cheese except dark brown. I’m proud of myself for trying it! I mean…I wouldn’t choose to eat it on my own but it wasn’t really that bad.

After lunch I had to plan for next weeks lessons so that pretty much took up the whole time from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. During that time one of the 3rd grade homeroom teachers (Sujin, the one who gave me the Korean language books) texted me and asked if I would like to go to dinner or get some tea. I am EXTREMELY tired and really want a nap but I told her that would be great! Anytime I have a chance to get to know another teacher I’m going to take it willingly and will cancel any plans I have. Plus, she’s like the sweetest person ever! I’m not sure where we are going yet, but I told her somewhere around here would be fine. I really don’t want to go to downtown Daegu to eat…it’s a bit more expensive and I’d have to pay for a taxi. Everything here is within walking distance. More Korean food! Wahooo! Who needs Jenny Craig?! My bum is wasting away! My pants don’t really fit me anymore. I’m actually not too excited about losing my bum…I really don’t want to lose weight but it’s just happening on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment