Sunday, September 12, 2010

To teach or not to teach...that is the question...

September 13, 2010

Oh goodness. Well today went by a little slow and I’m extremely tired. I still feel a little worn out from this past Saturday. We went out to downtown Daegu. We were supposed to go to this theme park Woobang Tower Land…look…it looks pretty freakin’ cool http://www.lifeinkorea.com/Travel2/175 . When we met up in downtown, it was raining and had been raining all morning so we all decided not to go and just hang out instead. We at lunch/dinner at this diner place that served pretty darn good burgers…and that’s also when the drinking began (which happened to be around 3:00 or 4:00pm). Then we headed to this nice bar with high-top tables and in the middle of each table there was an array of chilled beers set lower into the tables. There was like a dry ice effect going on too with white smoke spilling over. It looked awesome! Our table didn’t have cold beers, though, so we just ordered whatever we wanted.




 The next bar was an upscale bar with chilled cup holders built into the table and a dial on the side of each table to control the temperature of your cup holders. They also served beers in these large glasses (they pretty much looked like bongs) but they had different sizes like queen, king, ace, etc. The ace was ridiculously huge and unfortunately, they didn’t have any of those for the night that we went (what a pity).



Next we went to this bar that offered a deal that required a one time payment of 15,000 won (like $15) and then all you can drink! There were certain drinks on that ‘all you can drink’ menu but anyone could’ve found something they liked. Then the dance club that was packed full…actually I’m pretty sure they were over the maximum people they were allowed to have because we could barely move. But apparently that didn’t stop me from dancing…one of my friends said I danced like my life depended on it…wow. All in all, fun night with friends and a little…ok a lot of alcohol.

So I just found out that my third grade co-teacher’s uncle has passed away and she will not be at school tomorrow. Which means that I have two options: teach 4 third grade classes by myself or postpone the classes until a later date (we’d have to stay on a Saturday and teach the missed lesson). I THINK I could teach by myself, the only problem is that the third grade students are on a lower level so I need assistance when I’m asking questions and when the students have questions. I honestly wouldn’t mind coming in on a Saturday but I wouldn’t want my co-teacher to feel obligated to come in on the weekend. I told her I think I can do it by myself I just may need some help from each one of the homeroom teachers. Typically, the homeroom teachers leave and go on a break when we come to teach the students. So it may take the efforts of several teachers to help make this a smooth day tomorrow…I guess we’ll see how it goes…wish me luck!

1 comment: