Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Feast

November 29, 2010

Here are some updates. So my open class went very well! I was extremely satisfied with my performance and my co-teacher's performance. I think we knocked it out of the park! The observers also thought we did a pretty darn good job so that's definitely a relief. I can breathe now.

In honor of Thanksgiving, several of my friends and I decided to have a nice dinner with a turkey and all the other necessities that make up a typical Thanksgiving feast. We ordered a turkey package from Daegu Pockets for 100,000 won (equivalent to $100 which isn't that much when you split it between 13 people) that included the turkey, stuffing, gravy, and pumpkin pie. Everyone also brought food with them so we ended up with all of the above plus 3 small roasted chickens, pasta salad, regular salad, mashed potatoes, corn, cranberry sauce, steamed carrots, dinner rolls, apple pie, 2 more pumpkin pies, fruit salad, and ice cream...it was DELICIOUS. The food was soooo good that almost everyone got seconds and even thirds. We all crowded around the table, sat on the floor, and just chilled out. I think it was a perfect alternative to having Thanksgiving at home. Sitting around with my new friends and having a good laugh with everyone.

I've recently found out that I will be able to take my 10 days off for winter vacation and I am actually going to Japan for the winter break! I'm super excited about that. Japan is a pretty expensive place to visit but my friend Gemma has a friend that is teaching there so we will have a free place to stay. This will most definitely help us save money for shopping and other activities! We're buying the tickets today so this is going to be set in stone here pretty soon!

My entire family decided not to do Christmas this year...kind of depressing BUT makes the most sense. So, my mother and I have talked it over and we came to the conclusion that since we're not going to give each other presents...the next best thing is to have some (lots) of soju and go sing at a karaoke bar...mind you this was not MY idea...ALL of this was my mother's idea. I'm definitely ready for this. She doesn't know this yet, but I'm going to take video...of her...intoxicated...and singing. Christmas, here we come! We're ready for ya!

1 comment:

  1. it's pretty sad that yr mom blogs more than you do. at least she gives me something to read during Tilly's naps. :)

    ReplyDelete