Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Beautiful Busan and Halloween Candy

October 26, 2010

So, this past weekend, several of the foreign teachers decided to attend the Internation Fireworks Festival in Busan. Many of our friends decided to go on the Friday but a handful of us didn't make it down until Saturday. It was about 5:00PM by the time we got there and we met our friends on the beach where the fireworks were going to be displayed. Let me tell you, the show wasn't supposed to start until 8:00PM (we got there three hours before that) and there were already tons of people on the beach. You couldn't even see sand because people were camped out with their blankets on the beach. Thankfully our friends already reserved their spot and it was a big enough area for the rest of us to snuggle in.

For the next three hours we just chilled with soju and beer until it got dark. The fireworks were absolutely awesome. No other word for it. They did like an "around the world" type o theme so they had a different firework set for the countries. Needless to say...America's was the best. LOL. The finally was amazing. They had these fireworks that looked like birds flying over the crowd (I think you can see them in the video that I posted on Facebook), so we were like "whoa that's awesome," but then the bird things started spewing out sparklers...freakin awesome. I think what made the show even better was the fact that they utilized the bridge for a lot of the show and at one point it looked like there was a waterfall coming out of the bridge. Unreal. This video does not do it enough justice but you can get an idea of how cool this fireworks display was. After the show we all went out on the town for some standard shenanigans.


In the spirit of Halloween, I brought my kids some candy to class. I had smarties, jolly ranchers, and dum dums shipped from home to here so that I could give the kids some candy from the U.S. and they LOVED the smarties (thanks to Cale who shipped them over for me!) I literally ran out of smarties within the first two classes. They were all about some smarties. I'll remember that for Christmas time. Also, I forgot that I teach/see about 700 students...ran out of candy the first day (yesterday/Monday). Good job Nancy. So I went to Home Plus after school and I was a little upset that the candies like tootsie pops, tootsie rolls, snickers, etc. were pretty darn expensive. Yeah...and the amount that I bought was JUST enough for one more day. Just great. I will have to go to Home Plus AGAIN tonight. However, it's totally worth it. The kids love it soooo much because they usually just get stickers for being good and winning a game. The kids were super excited not only to get candy but by the fact that it was from/imported from America. 

1 comment: